Sunday, December 28, 2008

Advice for Day 87: Appropriate Punctuation is not always possible

I love periods. Periods are the perfect bookmark to the end of a statement, thought or even life stage. I crave periods in my life; that simple punctuation to let me know life stage 5 is done and it is time to move onto stage 6.

After graduation, I searched for my period. I searched until I ended up back in Green Bay like a repeat sign on a chorus sheet. I was mixing music and English and had no period in sight.

But 4 months and countless false periods later, i think i have discovered my period in the imperfect form of an impromptu move to Chicago.

Today on day 87 on this journey through unemployment, I announce I am done with green bay and am moving to Chicago to be a temp.

Not the perfect job, not even a job I considered, but a job.

And no it is not the period I expected and it may turn out to be more of a semicolon but what is life if you can't mix up your punctuation ever once and a while.

So with that I say...

No comments: