Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Advice for Day 19: Advice from Reruns

Sabrina Spellmen and Rory Gilmore are now my sole sources of advice.

Today, as i was watching the cable i swore i would unplug yesterday, the two wholesome TV role models leaped from their respective wholesome college careers into their respective wholesome real worlds; Rory with an internship at a small local newspaper and Sabrina with a job at a hip music magazine. Neither was their dream job- working, of course, at the prestigious New York Times- but both sucked it up and made the best of their new jobs.


Of course i don't have the help of a talking cat or a caffeine-hyped ADD mother, but really if the Spellmen's and Gilmores of the world can learn that lesson in an hour, then i really should have caught on by now.

So I'm swallowing some of my burdensome pride and asking the cyber space gods to send me an opportunity, any opportunity, before I run out of reruns to get life advice from.

No comments: